2021 is here at last. After the unmitigated horror show that was 2020, everyone needs a steady supply of cute to recuperate. We’re here to help!
If you click through the 2021 Critter Pic of the Day archive, you’ll smile a little bit, and if you smile a little bit, we’ve all made the world a bit better, haven’t we?
If you don’t smile a little bit, you clearly don’t like cute things, and in that case, you can move along, thank you very much!
- CPotD #340: Rerolling for 2021 (1/1/2021) - If you know me at all, you know I love to play video games. If you know me really well, you know I love to constantly create new characters.
- CPotD #341: Jumping into the New Year Like… (1/2/2021) - We took Udo out to play in the snow in our front yard this morning. He loves the snow, so was very enthusiastic. Look at this beast.
- CPotD #342: Day Seized (1/3/2021) - We spend a lot of time lately getting ready for our move, so we consider it good when we manage to get a lot done. Yesterday was such a day.
- CPotD #343: Rest Day (1/4/2021) - Apparently, I failed to kick last week's crud, so I'm under the weather again. Luckily for me, our intrepid guard dog doubles as a nurse dog.
- CPotD #344: Double Shift (1/5/2021) - My fuzzy nurses work hard to help me feel better, sometimes even doubling up to make sure I stay put. Oscar and Stanley are serious about it.
- CPotD #345: Handsome (1/6/2021) - I often tell Udo that he's the cutest dog in the universe, and I find this to be true. Look at this face and tell me you don't see it.
- CPotD #346: Triple Threat (1/7/2021) - Between work, move prep, and fighting off the crud, we accomplished a lot yesterday. The cats rewarded me by piling onto my lap. Much cuddle.
- CPotD #347: Gozer the Destructor (1/8/2021) - Oscar has yet another nickname thanks to his love of chewing boxes. Specifically, he loves to destroy Amazon boxes. He earned this nickname.
- CPotD #348: Assistant Manager (1/9/2021) - Nutterbutter barges onto my lap at every opportunity these days. He's seen moving prep before and is getting his snugs in while he can.
- CPotD #349: Brother Pillow (1/10/2021) - We started training the cats with their carriers this week so they'll be more comfortable with travel during the move. They kinda like them.
- CPotD #350: Post-Training Snugs (1/11/2021) - The post-training snugs continued as the weekend came to a close. I was once again trapped under a pile of snuggly cats: oh, the felinity.
- CPotD #351: Burrito Kitten (1/12/2021) - Oscar loves the burrito blanket that Brian got me for Christmas. He spends most evenings lately crashed out on my tortilla-clad lap.
- CPotD #352: Small Sentinel (1/13/2021) - Oscar takes his guard duties very seriously, especially when we go in and out of the house repeatedly. During move prep, this happens a lot.
- CPotD #353: Regal Bear (1/14/2021) - I flopped in the floor for some choice Oscar-in-a-sunbeam shots the other morning. Udo helped, of course, so I also captured him being regal.
- CPotD #354: Sun Loaf (1/15/2021) - We left the dining room table in its Christmas configuration after putting away the tree because it gives us extra space for move prep.
- CPotD #355: Luxurious (1/16/2021) - Stanley lounges with authority and always looks luxurious while doing so. He usually shares my lap with Oscar or Nutterbutter. Grudgingly.
- CPotD #356: What? (1/17/2021) - Stanley woke up as I took pictures of Oscar the other day. The result is a picture of a cute tuxedo with a butthead.
- CPotD #357: Emperor’s New Snooze (1/18/2021) - We moved the cat carriers to the bay window so the cats can continue getting used to them and still enjoy sunbeams. Stanley says it's a win.
- CPotD #358: Zonked (1/19/2021) - We worked hard this weekend and today, and we will again tomorrow. Getting the house ready to list is an effort for all of us. We're tired.
- CPotD #359: Toy Boy (1/20/2021) - As part of the great purge prior to moving, we sorted through Udo's toys and tossed the ratty ones. To compensate, he got a new crinkle leaf.
- CPotD #360: Mini Defender (1/21/2021) - I laid down for a quick rest last night while trying to get pictures of Oscar and Stanley snugging. Udo tried to barge in; Oscar defended.