- CPotD #622: Photo Continuity
Oscar continues his tradition of fine photobombs as we move into another autumn. I was trying to capture Nutterbutter in a sunbeam.
I did eventually get the shot, but only after he thoroughly snorfled and fangwiped my head. That’s the price of lying in our floor, with or without a camera.
Some Critter Pic of the Day History:
Just shy of 20 years ago, I adopted a fuzzy little Siamese kitten. The internet was new. The community Heather and I had first crossed paths in was slowly fading away. A number of users made their own little forums in the wild west of the digital age, and I was no exception.
Everyone had their own angle, but no one had what I had: a fuzzy kitten and a digital camera. I shamelessly used both to keep people coming to my board, as my online circle of friends was largely female and totally enamored with the fuzzy kitten. Heather, who also had a digital camera, gleefully documented her cats to share with me and the world, as well.
The original Citadel is long gone, but its spirit lives on here. In 2019, we adopted a new fuzzy kitten. We have digital cameras, and we have a website. We revived the Kitten Pic of the Day, vowing to post once a day for a year. After the year was up, Heather wanted to keep going, so she morphed it to the Critter Pic of the Day and included our other pets.
Now… dive in!
The CPotD archive is going to grow a lot as the days turn to weeks, the weeks turn to months, the months turn to years, and the years turn to decades, so I’ve added jump menus to help you skip from year to year and month to month. In time, this will be a haven of kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, fish, and god knows what else for you to shelter in as you take a brief refuge from the outside world.
We’ve already got over
100 250 500 750 posts archived for you to binge on!
— The Ork and The Cat
Last 30 Critter Posts:
- CPotD #622: Photo Continuity (10/17/2021) - Oscar continues his tradition of fine photobombs as we move into another autumn. I was trying to capture Nutterbutter in a sunbeam.
- CPotD #621: Disturbance (10/16/2021) - I caught Stanley and Nutterbutter snugging the other day and ran to get my camera. By the time I returned, they pretended it never happened.
- CPotD #620: Morning Meds (10/15/2021) - Udo receives his medication every morning via chicken lunchmeat because he's a big prissy bear. Oscar also receives some because he's pushy.
- CPotD #619: The Pillbug (10/14/2021) - We watched The Thing for our Scary Movie Saturday last week, as you do in October. Oscar decided to curl up in Brian's lap for moral support.
- CPotD #618: Contemplation (10/13/2021) - Udo hasn't slept in his bed since we got to California, but he has started to use it as a pillow. Here, he contemplates picking me up at work.
- CPotD #617: Shameless (10/12/2021) - Stanley steals my chair a lot, but I have to admit he steals it with gusto. He makes sure to yell at us if we walk by and don't notice him.
- CPotD #616: Attack Cat (10/11/2021) - Oscar often hassles Stanley when they're on the cat tree, but he doesn't often do it with a righteous mlem. Brian caught this fantastic shot.
- CPotD #615: Shoulder Floof (10/10/2021) - Nutterbutter likes to switch up his nap spots on the regular. Lately, he's chosen our shoulders for the mid-afternoon snooze fest.
- CPotD #614: Mega Blep (10/9/2021) - Being a cat, Oscar loves to destroy things. One of the weirder objects of his destruction is cardboard. He can't resist tearing off the flaps.
- CPotD #613: Comfort Cardboard (10/8/2021) - We left a couple of cardboard boxes for the cats to sit in while we were gone. Stanley liked this one so much we kept it after we got back.
- CPotD #612: Ambush Fort (10/7/2021) - Oscar jumped into my arms within two minutes of our return from camping. He then jumped down and zipped into his ambush fort to plot revenge.
- CPotD #611: Adventure Jays (10/6/2021) - We enjoyed a lot of wildlife on last week's adventure, including some friendly Steller's Jays. They were very interested in us and our food.
- CPotD #610: Adventure Bear (10/5/2021) - We got to go camping up in the mountains last week, and it was a glorious little adventure. Udo enjoyed being a regal doofus among the pines.
- CPotD #609: Sleepy Teefies (10/4/2021) - Oscar sleeps on his back a lot, which often leads to an obscene display of cat teefies. His latest one takes the cake because bonus snarl.
- CPotD #608: Cat Hats, Part 3 (10/3/2021) - One of my lovely coworkers brought gifts for the cats! They are tiny hats, and we of course had to try them on (at great risk to our safety).
- CPotD #607: Cat Hats, Part 2 (10/2/2021) - One of my lovely coworkers brought gifts for the cats! They are tiny hats, and we of course had to try them on (at great risk to our safety).
- CPotD #606: Cat Hats, Part 1 (10/1/2021) - One of my lovely coworkers brought gifts for the cats! They are tiny hats, and we of course had to try them on (at great risk to our safety).
- CPotD #605: Warms (9/30/2021) - Mornings have been growing chillier lately, and this has led to a new rash of chair thefts. My spot with the heating pad seems extra popular.
- CPotD #604: The Spotter (9/29/2021) - The cats like to help us work out, especially when there's a sunbeam involved. Here Oscar displays his best spot position while Brian lifts.
- CPotD #603: Claimed (9/28/2021) - In his latest round of thievery, Nutterbutter solidified his claim on Udo's bed. We moved it for the dog thinking he would use it more there.
- CPotD #602: Betrayal (9/27/2021) - Brian had to run an errand after he dropped me off the other morning, which meant Udo couldn't go with us. His expression after says it all.
- CPotD #601: Parcel Inspector (9/26/2021) - Stanley lets nothing prevent him from his duty to inspect all parcels that enter. This includes fan positioning and strength workouts.
- CPotD #600: Smug n’Sleep (9/25/2021) - Nutterbutter wins our 600th critter post! As the eldest of our brood, he has a place of honor and affection in the household. Such floof!
- CPotD #599: The Tummy (9/24/2021) - While you can always lie down in our house, you can't always lie down without a cat in your face. You are 99% likely to be attacked by...
- CPotD #598: Clean Bear (9/23/2021) - Nobody rocks the spiky clean bear look like Udo. He celebrated his newfound cleanliness by tearing around the backyard like a maniac.
- CPotD #597: Closeup (9/22/2021) - Nutterbutter sleeps a lot, as old boys do, but he applies his unique style to all naps. Stealing my arm and the console is a signature move.
- CPotD #596: S’up (9/21/2021) - Feeling well rested after their nap, Oscar and Udo gave their version of a thumbs up greeting. Afternoon sun and ocean breezes are conducive.
- CPotD #595: Monday (9/20/2021) - Oscar thinks Mondays are a load of baloney, so he does what we would all like to do. He sleeps through them. Usually on his face.
- CPotD #594: Hey! (9/19/2021) - Stanley likes to help Brian make bread. And by help, I mean yell at him until he stops what he's doing and pets that soft, fuzzy belly.
- CPotD #593: Coffee Flats (9/18/2021) - Nutterbutter joins us for our Coffee Sits almost every morning. Normally, he'll curl up in my lap and use one of my hands for a pillow.
To see even more cute, use the links below to see full archives for each year.